Save time. Create with confidence.
★ Analytics, icons, and more
A lean, mobile-friendly HTML template; optimized Google Analytics snippet; placeholder touch-device icon; and docs covering dozens of extra tips and tricks.
★ Normalize.css and helpers
Includes Normalize.css — a modern, HTML5-ready alternative to CSS resets — and further base styles, helpers, media queries, and print styles.
★ jQuery and Modernizr
Get the latest minified versions of two best-of-breed libraries: jQuery (via jQuery’s CDN, with local fallback) and a custom build of the Modernizr feature detection library.
★ High performance
Apache settings to help you deliver excellent site performance. We independently maintain server configs for multiple platforms.
Introduction to v7
- Dropped support for Internet Explorer 9 and 10.
- For added flexibility we moved the main.css file to a separate repository. This change allows projects (including HTML5 Boilerplate itself) to consume main.css as a whole, while also allowing the component styles to be used individually in different, and hopefully interesting, ways.
- Upgraded Normalize to v8.0.1, Modernizr to v3.7.1 and server-configs-apache (the .htaccess file) to v3.1.0.
- Big docs update! We fixed links, removed IE9/IE10 specific info, made touch icons section more concise, added details on security.txt and generally cleaned things up.
- That's just the start of all the goodness. Check out the Changelog for all the details.